Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Time for Change: Day 1

Supposedly, there is no time like the present -so, I'm jumping right in to make some of the changes to get my healthy me back!  

Photo Credit:  Pinterest 

My plan is to make gradual changes to not overwhelm myself, and avoid failing this change miserably.  Especially since these changes HAVE to happen!  

Day 1 Changes:

  • Start taking a few of my supplements again.  Today, I started taking my Vitamin D (typically my vitamin D is in single digits and am anticipating the same results with my blood work), Woman's Mutli Vitamin, and B 12 (who can't use a little more energy?!?!)
  • Eat Breakfast.  Yes, I just said eat breakfast!  I'm great at making sure everyone else eats breakfast...the most important meal of the day...but, horrible at doing it myself.  Time to make this change for sure.
  • Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.  I'll be taking my good ole pink Hydro Flask every where I go!  
  • Before bed, my hopes are to either Meditate or do yoga or at least take some me time.
Yesterday, I realized I also suck at taking me time, and really need to add that into my plan of change too.  To start the change yesterday,  I took a nice long walk with our puppy, and before Miss J got home from school, I sat on our porch swing and read my book for a few minutes.  After all, yesterday was an absolute gorgeous day in the Burgh, and had to enjoy it to the fullest!  Now today, since It's rainy, I'll have to get a little more creative with my me time!  

I'm raising my Hydro Flash to cheers to more changes to come.  I'd love to hear what changes you plan to make for yourself, too!  




2 comments:

  1. I love meditation! I do it almost every night before bed and during the day if I'm feeling a little overwhelmed/like I need a time out. It is hard to make changes and I wish you the best in getting to a healthier and happier you!

    Katie McMurtry (Koenig)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...Katie! I was just thinking of you, and getting ready to send you a message to check on you! Sending you prayers, and love. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Here's to healthier days ahead...and happy meditating! xoxo

      Delete