Monday, September 14, 2015

Officially Back in the Swing of Things

Well...I think I'm officially back in the swing and adjusted to Miss J being in school!  Somedays my days fly by, and other drag on without my parter in crime!  

I've started to realize that I need to fix a really bad habit of mine!  I'm all about feeding Miss J nutrition - but, slack when it comes to me.  I'm that person that skips breakfast (I know, tsk-tsk), has a snack lunch, full dinner, and then makes a dip later at night!  I always tell myself, that I really should eat how I feed Miss J...so, I'm going to do that!  There is no excuse now because now I have plenty of  extra time to prep meals after she get on the bus in the morning.  

To make my week easier, I'm doing as much meal prep as possible on Sunday afternoons. Yesterday, I washed all my fruits and veggies, then cut and put in individual containers.  As I cut the veggies, I threw together All Meat & Veggie Chili from Laura Fuentes



At this point our house was starting to smell pretty yummy, and thought I'd make just one more thing!  So, I threw together a batch of Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from Family Fresh Meals (using GF oats).  Now at this point, our house smells amazing, and we are all ready to try it all!  In addition, my hubby made pizza on the grill -so, we will have that as a meal option, too!  We ate the pizza for dinner, sampled the chili and cookies, and packed it all up for the week.  

                                                


This morning, I warmed a little of the chili, packed some strawberries, blueberries, and grabbed a frozen smoothie from the freezer, and just like that Miss J's lunch was packed!  For breakfast, she grabbed a couple of the Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies...and off she went!  

                               


Now, for me, I packed myself a Ham & Cheese sandwich on Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free 7 Grain Bread, a banana, and some Hummus with Gluten Free Pretzel Crisps...and felt quite proud of myself!  I even got back on track with taking my supplements  too!  I've been exhausted lately, and really need to get my healthy back.  

Tonight, we will enjoy left over pizza, and of course some chile for dinner.  My plan, is to do some more cooking Thursday, and follow the lunch plan I put together over the weekend for Miss J's lunches.  

This week is off to a good start, and just hope it continues the whole week through!!  

What do you do each week to help make your week run smoothly?  Do you tend to feed your kids healthier than yourself, too?  

No comments:

Post a Comment