Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gluten Free Cookbooks


A dear friend has requested a cookbook post -so, here it goes!

Often times when I'm trying to figure out a last minute dinner, I resort to Pinterest.  However, I have some amazing cookbooks I use, too!  Recently, when doing my meal plan, I started to try using one of my favs each week to give us a good variety, and try new things.  

I'm sure it will be no surprise that my all time favorite baking cook books are none other thank Erin McKenna's!  
                         


The most well rounded guide for a Gluten  Free lifestyle is The Gluten-Free Revolution written by Caroline Shannon-Karasik (Sincerely Caroline).  The book covers all aspects...healthy recipes, smoothies, easy desserts, and Yoga/Pilates.  To boot, Caroline is from Pittsburgh, too!  Love that each recipe has a picture so you know what to expect it to look like!  The recipes are easy to follow...and healthy.  The "getting started" chapter is excellent whether you are a newbie or pro at living gluten free, and it covers prepping your kitchen, gadgets, and more.  Love it from front to back!!  

                            

Trader Joe's not only has a great grocery store -but, cookbooks, too!  They are not dedicated gluten free cookbooks -however, several recipes are noted Gluten Free, and those that aren't can be with simple substitutions.  Both the Dinners Done and Easy Lunch Box have a wide variety of recipes, and easy to use.  The Easy Lunch Boxes features several bloggers you may recognize -such as, Lisa Leake of 100 Days of Real Food, Keeley McGuire, and Laura Fuenres of MOMables.  There is a dedicated Gluten Free one, I just haven't checked it out yet!  

                        


Speaking of Lisa Leake of 100 Days of Real Food, her book is also one of my most go-to books.  Again, her book it's dedicated gluten free -however, towards the back of the book there is a "list of recipes by dietary need".  The recipes that are not noted Gluten Free can simply be altered by substituting safe, Gluten Free ingredients.  

                                          

My last 2 favs are the Lagasse Girls:  The Gluten Free Table and Big Flavor, Bold Taste, and No Gluten!  Both books are dedicated Gluten Free and flavorful!  No doubt that for each of these dishes in the cookbook, the Lagasse family sat around the table and tried it all together, and you get that feeling and love from both books.  
                                     

Do you have a favorite cookbook I didn't mention?  If so, I'd love to hear about it in the comment section below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment