Wednesday, April 8, 2015

14 Week of "Real Food" Mini-Pledge...who wants to join me?!?!?

It's that time of year that I'm ready to get back on track with healthy eating.  Each year over the winter I slip into my winter hibernation eating...especially this year since we had so much snow!  I'd like to think I'm a pretty healthy eater, and as a celiac we have the perk of not having some of the unhealthy options -such as, fast food.  However, we still have the option of GF processed foods, and it's tough not to grab out of convenience.  

When I was first diagnosed with Celiac in 2003, I went back to the basics of meat, potatoes, veggies, and fruit -so, it's easy to do again, right?!?!  It may be a little more work food prep wise -however, it's so good for you!  Last summer, I came across the 100 days of Real Food, and the Leake Family story...and thought I can do that!  At the time I started, it was easy because it was Famers Market season...oh, how I love farmers markets! Then, as you can guess, I fell of track through the winter since the fruit & veggie selection isn't near as good.  I did, however, do my best to follow the rest of the rules of the pledge -but, at times fell back to processed food out of convenience.  So...now, I'm jumping back in, and starting with the 14 week of "Real Food" Mini Pledge.  


In addition to the farmers markets, we are hoping to plant our own garden to enjoy naturally, fresh, GF goodness, from our own back yard!  There is nothing like being able to walk to the back year and get your own veggies, and berries!  

Now, here is the question...who wants to join me in taking the pledge?!?!?  

Stay tuned for WEEK 1:  Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal....

No comments:

Post a Comment