Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Gluten Free Kids Party

This weekend we had Miss J's 5th birthday party, and had a blast celebrating!  It was held at a local bounce place with all inflatable fun!  Typically the bounce place provides pizza for the kid -but, made an exception for us to bring in our own food due to Miss J being gluten intolerant.  Although I could have made it much easier for me, and had the other kids have the pizza and just make Miss J a separate pizza -but, I wanted to have all 100% safe.  

Since the party was from 11 AM - 12:45 PM we had a light snack type lunch with carrot sticks, cheese cubes, grapes, and GF pretzels individually portioned out.  For the adults, we all snacked on a veggie tray, cheese with a side of spicy mustard, and pretzels.  After the party, I realized I didn't send any of the kids hone sugared up since we didn't even hand out candy for the snack bags!  (more about that later!)  



For the cake, I made GF ice cream cone cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting.  The helpers at the bounce place were quite intrigues, and thought the were real ice cream cones -but, couldn't figure out how I kept them from melting!  I'm so disappointed...with all the craziness of the party, I forgot to take a picture of the finished project of the cones.  However, you can get an idea from the blog page that gave me the idea!  Thanks to JoJo & Eloise for the Ice Cream Cone Cupcake idea! 

(Unfinished product)
Miss J is a huge animal lover, and wanted to to somehow include that in her party -so, each child adopted a puppy...a plush one that is!!  Each child went home with a little plush webkins puppy in a little house, with a certificate of adoption signed by Miss J!  The kids all loved it -plus, they all got a new little friend to snuggle!  To get more details on this idea, check out this link:  Puppy Adoption Idea Link.

It was a true joy to watch all the smiles on the kids faces, and know that I provided a 100% safe environment for my baby girl...and myself!  And...even more of a joy that all enjoyed the food! Next time, I process to get more pictures!!    

I'd love to hear what you have done for birthday parties, too!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment