Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1st Attempt...cake batter blondies

Today on FaceBook, I saw a recipe for Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies by Sally's Baking Addition and thought...I can make that GF! So tonight I gathered a GF cake mix, KinniTOOS vanilla sandwich creme cookies, canola oil, milk and sprinkles just like the Non-GF recipe. I added all the same amounts but the mix was crumbly -so, I added and extra egg, and another 1/4 cup of milk, crossed my fingers and put it in the oven! It sure smelled delicious baking but had a feeling it was going to be crumbly.

It did turn out a bit crumbly but all stuck together...surprisingly!! More than likely if I would have used a Pamela's Yellow Cake Mix or Betty Crocker Yellow Cake mix, all would have been fine. However; the mix that I used called for 6 eggs and lots more stuff!! But, that all I had on hand for yellow mix at the time.

Here is the Non-GF link for the recipe:
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/05/16/golden-oreo-cake-batter-blondies/#

I'll certainly be attempting to make this recipe again until perfected!!









No comments:

Post a Comment