Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunday YUMday!

Yesterday, we had a day full of delicious food...if I do say so myself!! I felt like a true Betty Crocker! We celebrated my dear friends birthday, and ate so much we all sat and did nothing but relax pool because we were so full! 

My hubby made his secret recipe for Ribs, my dear friend made a Strawberry Spinach sale with homemade dressing, and I put the rest together: 
 - Chicken Tenders for the kids (chicken breast dipped in hidden valley ranch dressing, and boxed mashed potatoes flakes cooked for 20 minutes (approx.) on 375) 

- Chicken Caruso (a family recipe of marinara sauce, pineapple chunks, celary, and pieced of chicken over a bed of rice). Can be made on the stop top or crockpot...as long s pineapples & celery are tender. If making on the stove top, cook the chicken first...if making in the crockpot, throw all the ingredients in, and cook on low for 6 hours. 

 - Peanut Butter Cookie Crust Pie with Bryers Peanut Butter Cup Blast Ice Cream. (simply made crust with 1 cup sugar, 1 cup pb, and 1 egg, and baked at 350 for 10 minutes). After if cooled for an hour or 2 I added the ice cream, and decorated. 

- PB cup 0b cookies: Since I didn't need the entire cookie recipe for the crust, I made some cookies with the remaining. in a mini muffin tin, I added 1 scoop of PB cookie dough, baked for 10 minutes on 350, then when I pulled them from the often, I added mini reese PB cups...mmmm good! 

 - We also had corn on the cob, and fresh cut fries for the kiddos!! 

My little munchkins favite meal is Chicken Caruso -so, she mainly ate that -but, certainly tried everything else too!! 

Also, we had fruit from our local farm! This AM, I made mini peach muffins with Pamela's Mix, too!! 

Don't forget to let me know if you tried anything, and what you thought of it! 

 For pictures of the cookies and pie, please check out the Happy Go Lucky & Gluten Free Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment