Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Great News in the Celiac World!

Last Friday,  the NFCA (National Foundation for Celiac Awareness) made their announcement about resigning the "Amber" designation!!

In my opinion, The Celiac Chicks said it perfectly..."Basically, gluten sensitivity it not to be taken lightly. You know those people that tell you, "I'm just gluten sensitive, so I don't have to be as careful as someone with celiac..."? They are misinformed."  

Recently, more than ever, when I can't eat something and explain I'm on a GF diet, people have responded "My friend is on that diet to loose weight".   As a Celiac, this is very frustrating.  So many precautions need taken to prepare safe, gluten free food for a Celiac, not those without a medical condition.  Due to this, it is misleading for those who are misinformed or uneducated about Celiac Disease.  This month is Celiac Awareness Month -so, spread the word hand help educate as many as you can!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment